5 Health Benefits Of CBD Oil
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is one of over 100 chemical compounds known as cannabinoids present in the Cannabis sativa plant, also known as marijuana. Cannabidiol is a widely utilized natural treatment for a variety of illnesses. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), on the other hand, is the major psychoactive cannabinoid present in cannabis and is responsible for the “high” feeling associated with marijuana.
CBD, unlike THC, is non-psychoactive, therefore it will not make you high. As a result, CBD has become a popular choice among individuals seeking pain treatment and other ailments without the mind-altering effects of marijuana or some prescription medications.
5 Health Benefits Of CBD Oil
The human body contains a unique system that is involved in regulating an array of bodily functions including sleep appetite, pain, and even immune system response. This unique system is what is now referred to as the endocannabinoid system. Your body naturally produces neurotransmitters or endocannabinoids, which bind to cannabinoid receptors in your nervous system and affect those bodily functions we mentioned earlier. CBD, according to scientific research, has sown to impact the activity of those receptors, and thereby bring about some of the benefits we would be talking about now.
- CBD Oil Can Help To Relieve Pain: Dating as far back as 2900 B.C., marijuana has been used as a remedy for pain. In recent times, and with advancing research, it was discovered that certain components of marijuana are actually responsible for its pain-relieving effects. One of such components is CBD.
By impacting your endocannabinoid receptor activity, CBD can help to reduce inflammation and interact with other neurotransmitters, thereby helping to reduce chronic pain.
- CBD Can Reduce Anxiety and Depression: Both anxiety and depression are common mental health issues, and they are usually treated using pharmaceutical medication which can cause side effects like drowsiness, agitation, insomnia, sexual dysfunction, and headache. Some can even be addictive and lead to substance abuse.
CBD oil on the other hand has shown to be a promising method of treatment and a natural one at that. According to studies conducted, CBD oil proved to be able to safely treat insomnia and anxiety in children with post-traumatic stress disorder. The end result of the studies showed that CBD can reduce anxiety and depression in humans.
- CBD Can Help Reduce Acne: Acne affects more than 9% of the population, making it a common skin condition. However, it is not curable. Over the years, it has been thought that acne was caused by factors like genetics, bacteria, underlying inflammation, and the overproduction of sebum, an oily secretion made by sebaceous glands in the skin. Putting CBD oil into the equation showed that CBD oil can help to treat acne due to its anti-inflammatory properties, as well as its ability to reduce the production of sebum. Studies have confirmed that CBD oil prevented sebaceous gland cells from secreting excessive sebum, exerted anti-inflammatory actions, and prevented the activation of “pro-acne” agents like inflammatory cytokines.
- CBD May Benefit Heart Health: CBD has been linked to several benefits for the heart and circulatory system. It has also been shown to lower high blood pressure which is linked to higher risks of many health conditions, some of which include stroke, heart attack, and metabolic syndrome. Although more research is needed in this field, CBD, by helping to reduce blood pressure can as well benefit heart health in more ways than one.
- Other Potential Benefits: CBD has been thought to provide more than these listed health benefits. However, more study is required. Some of these additional benefits include Antipsychotic effects, Anti-tumor effects, and Diabetes prevention.
How To Take CBD Oil?
CBD oil comes in the form of CBD oil drops, meaning that the bottle has a dropper that allows you to get accurate CBD doses. Most products are made with 99%+ Hemp-DerivedBD Isolate and MCT oil, making for a highly concentrated formulation without any THC. They also are available in naturally delicious flavors so you do not have to put up with the natural taste of CBD oil.
How To Use CBD Oil?
- Drop sublingually according to your dosage
- Allow the CBD to absorb for 30 seconds
- Sit back and be refreshed.